Frequently Asked Question

R & D relief: I need help! What can I claim?
Last Updated 4 years ago

Qualifying expenditure on Research and Development (R & D) attracts four different forms of tax relief for Corporation Tax.

  • The Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) R & D Credits Scheme
  • The Large Company Scheme: R & D Expenditure Relief 'RDEC'
  • The Patent Box
Additionally, there are R & D capital allowances.

You can claim relief where you have a valid R & D project on your costs for:
  • Staffing
  • Sub-contracting
  • Software
  • Consumables
  • Overheads
If you have any queries on what you can claim, how you can claim and what claim is going to apply for your company, then raise a Virtual Tax Partner support ticket for expert advice.

Full assistance with R & D claims is also provided at a fixed 15% fee: there is no de-minimis so no claim is too small.

Please Wait!

Please wait... it will take a second!