Frequently Asked Question
Step 1. Click on VtaxP
This takes your to www.VtaxP.co.uk the online Virtual Tax Partner support portal.
Step 2. Post your query and sign up for an account.
Step 3. Once we receive your query, we assign it to the one of us who has the most relevant experience to deal with your problem and we then provide you with an estimate or quote to answer the query.
Step 4. You confirm the fee or basis of charging.
Step 5. VtaxP commences work on your problem.
- The Virtual Tax Partner "VtaxP" portal is run by the technical tax team at Ross Martin Tax Consultancy Limited, a firm registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
- For legal reasons, VtaxP is a completely independent business to the website www.rossmartin.co.uk, although some of the VtaxP consultants also contribute to latter's content.
- You are asked to raise your queries via the VtaxP secure portal, in writing. This is not a telephone helpline. Once queries are raised they are allocated to the most suitable adviser.
Anti-money laundering & Terms
- You will be asked to provide proof of ID before the VtaxP service can provide you with any advice.
- You must read and agree to the T & Cs: these set out the working agreement between us and basis of charging.
- We have make ID checks according to the Anti-Money Laundering regulations. If you have not done so previously, we require you to provide a copy of ID and sufficient information to allow us to perform due diligence and risk assessment of your firm. If you are an accountant, not that accountants are now 'high risk' in terms of AML. You can obtain verified ID via a post office, however we may also be able to check you in other ways.
- If you are a professional firm we will need to have your firm's professional registration number as well as proof of ID of the individual asking the question, and details of the beneficial ownership of any company. We have on-going obligations to risk assess professional firms.
Basis of charging
We provide an estimate or quote based on the nature and complexity of the query.
Subscribers to the www.rossmartin.co.uk service receive a discount of approximately 25% on charges.
Complicated queries may require substantial research, and if we are required to read through a lot of information we may provide an initial estimate to allow us to read through that information prior to being able to quote.